What is Laser Therapy? Laser Therapy is the use of specific wavelengths of light to alleviate pain or inflammation and promote wound healing and tissue regeneration.
How does it work? Light energy enters the damaged cells and stimulates inter-cellular activity. This reduces pain in the area and speeds recovery of the damaged cells.
What can my pet expect during treatment? Laser Therapy is a painless treatment that lasts an average of 3 minutes. Your pet may experience a comfortable sensation at the point of application.
What can be expected after the treatment? Most patients see positive results in one to three treatments. Acute conditions can subside with just one treatment, while chronic conditions may need to be managed with regular monthly treatments. And there are no known negative side effects.
What are conditions we commonly treat? We use this most often for post-surgical therapy to reduce pain and inflammation and to speed healing. Other conditions include:
- Disc disease / IVDD
- Feline cystitis and blocked tom cats
- Hot spots / pyotraumatic dermatitis
- Inflamed ears / otitis
- Post-surgical healing
- Strains and sprains
Ask us if this is the right therapy for your pet's condition!
Benefits of Laser Therapy include:
- Relief of chronic pain, such as arthritis
- Relief of acute pain, such as trauma or injury
- Strong anti-inflammatory effect
- Stimulates healing of damaged tissue
- Speeds recovery of the structural integrity of injured region
- Improvement of local blood circulation
- Postoperative pain relief and faster wound healing
Watch this short animation to see how Laser Therapy targets damaged areas to accelerate healing on a cellular level.
Please ask for details on how this innovative therapy can work for your pet’s pain and inflammation!