We are excited to offer laser surgery as a progressive option for our clients who want the safest and least painful treatment for their pets. Laser technology is a proven surgical method with many uses.
What are the benefits?
- Less pain – The laser seals nerve endings as it moves through tissue. Your pet will feel less pain after surgery.
- Less bleeding – The laser seals small blood vessels during surgery, resulting in less bleeding and quicker procedures.
- Less swelling – With laser technology, only light comes into contact with the tissue, causing minimal swelling.
- Extreme precision – The laser enables your veterinarian to only affect or remove the target tissue, leaving the healthy surrounding tissue untouched.
- Reduced risk of infection – The high heat of laser energy kills bacteria and micro-organisms as it moves through diseased areas, reducing the chance of infection.
- Quicker recovery – For all of the above reasons, your pet is likely to feel less discomfort after surgery, and return to normal activities sooner.
How does it work? A laser is an intense beam of light. Using an instrument that allows it to be precisely controlled, the laser beam replaces the traditional scalpel. Laser energy instantly vaporizes the water found in tissues, allowing it to “cut” or remove an extremely small area of tissue. That energy seals nerve endings and blood vessels as it moves through the tissue, resulting in less bleeding, less pain, and virtually no trauma to the surrounding tissue.
This is optional for the following surgical procedures:
- Canine neuter
- Tumor removals
- Abdominal exploratory
- And several more
Ask us whether laser surgery is the best option for your pet!